Diet quality, sleep and quality of life in Parkinson's disease: a cross-sectional study.
QUALITY OF LIFE
MetadataShow full item record
JournalIrish journal of medical science
PubMed Central IDPMC10250501
AbstractEnergy intake in PwP was significantly higher than that of the general population (2013 vs 1755 kcal/d, p = 0.01), despite their lower mean BMI (25.9 vs 27.7 kg/m2, p = 0.02). Intakes of carbohydrate, protein and fruits and vegetables were significantly higher in PwP compared to recommended and population intakes (all p < 0.01), but fibre intake was significantly lower than recommended (17.3 vs 25 g/d, p [Formula: see text] 0.05). Seventy-eight percent of participants had poor dietary quality, and poor sleep quality was associated with poor QOL.
- Exploring factors that influence HRQoL for people living with Parkinson's in one region of Ireland: A cross-sectional study.
- Authors: Cassidy I, Doody O, Meskell P
- Issue date: 2022 Dec 23
- The quality of life in patients with Parkinson's disease: Focus on gender difference.
- Authors: Meng D, Jin Z, Gao L, Wang Y, Wang R, Fang J, Qi L, Su Y, Liu A, Fang B
- Issue date: 2022 Mar
- Neuropsychiatric Symptoms in Parkinson's Disease Patients Are Associated with Reduced Health-Related Quality of Life and Increased Caregiver Burden.
- Authors: Eichel HV, Heine J, Wegner F, Rogozinski S, Stiel S, Groh A, Krey L, Höglinger GU, Klietz M
- Issue date: 2022 Jan 11
- The impact of sleep and mood disorders on quality of life in Parkinson's disease patients.
- Authors: Havlikova E, van Dijk JP, Nagyova I, Rosenberger J, Middel B, Dubayova T, Gdovinova Z, Groothoff JW
- Issue date: 2011 Dec
- Cognitive impairment in Parkinson's disease: impact on quality of life of carers.
- Authors: Lawson RA, Yarnall AJ, Johnston F, Duncan GW, Khoo TK, Collerton D, Taylor JP, Burn DJ, ICICLE-PD study group
- Issue date: 2017 Dec